Thursday, January 31, 2008

Did it again!!!

Yipppeee Yahhoooooo!!! I just got back from another late night run. Not my first choice of workout...the late night part, that is, but praise God, I got the workout in! Thirty-eight minutes of sweat, stars, and breathing really hard in the freshly cold air! AAAhhhh....I love it! There is nothing like the feeling of a good run! Especially when you haven't had many of them in a too long time! I love running in the cold. I mean, it's not like super cold--just about 50, but for us, that's like polar time!

I've been sorta stewing all evening at my husband for not allowing me the little bit of time I needed to get in a workout this evening sometime. We exchanged a few words over it later on tonight before I went out. He said I should've told him when I wanted to go....to which I replied that he was just going on about what all he had going and how he was going to do this, that, and the other and then get to bed--period, end of story. I had told him the only plans for tonight, only thing I needed was my half hour to go do some sort of workout. He never said much one way or the other and the next thing you know it's 9pm, dark, and I'm putting my kids to bed.

Well, I am not a negative person by nature. I'm really not. But sometimes I get pretty frustrated with this situation. So...in an effort to re-think this in a more positive manner, while I was out running, (did I mention it felt awesome!) I decided that instead of cursing the fact that I am married to a jerk that won't let me get away for 30 minutes to exercise while the kids are awake, I would instead choose to thank God for the fact that I live in a wonderful town where I really don't have to feel terribly afraid to go out and run at 10 pm. Of course, I would prefer not to, and I was extra super careful, but really, it is relatively safe here--if I lived in Houston or a lot of other places, that probably wouldn't be an option. So I will choose to be thankful instead of negative. (now, to carry that out....that's another matter entirely!)

I will say too...whenever I lose this weight and I'm down like 100 pounds from now, and people ask me what my secret is and how I did it.....I'm going to tell them to go BUY A STINKIN IPOD!!! That little thing keeps you exercising long after you would otherwise feel like stopping! This is just a little refurb older model nano I got for pretty cheap at Hastings...and I seriously think it's some of the best money I've spent. I used it for my class, which was great and the whole purpose of it in the first place...but man, as a workout tool, it's invaluble!

I did fairly well on the eating today. Mostly soupy stuff! I did the usual packet of cinnamon "Weight Control" oatmeal for breakfast, followed by a Fuju apple and just a few pretzels. (Apples, pretzels, and a diet Dr. Pepper are one heck of an awesome combo!) I'm sorta into those Fuji apples now. I used to be a Granny Smith girl, but I'm thinking since I've been to Fuji, I'm not going Granny again anytime soon! They are sweet and yummy! Then, for lunch I had a salad and some posole stuff I made last night. It was an old weight watchers recipe idea I hadn't made in good while, and it's yummy! You just cook up some onion in a pan with some cooking spray, add a couple of cans of Ro-Tel, a big can of hominy, some cubed up chicken breast, and a jar/can/whatever of salsa verde tomatillo stuff. It's a yummy spicy soup type thing that is great when it's cold outside. I like it a lot, and there's really nothing bad about it. The chicken cooks right in the soup and it's yummy! Then, I made some taco soup for supper. Super easy, super yummy, and not much too bad about it either. The worst thing in it is the hamburger meat, but there's not much of that, I used lean meat, and I rinsed it to get the grease off after I cooked it before it went in the soup. It was quite good!

The scale said I was down another about 3 or 4 pounds this morning. I'm thinking I was probably somewhat dehydrated, but I'll take it! Any sign of it going down is good in my book!

My sweet boys are feeling better today, so I am hoping they can go to school tomorrow. They so miss not being there! I tried to keep them low-key today just hanging out and resting mostly so they could get over this junk they've got. Missy G thankfully isn't showing any signs of being sick and I'm terribly grateful for that! Other than that, I feel sorta accomplished, because I made a big dent in the laundry today! I was hoping to go to bed tonight with everything in this house being clean, folded and put away....and though the night isn't over yet, I'm thinking it may be tomorrow before that goal happens. We go through SO much laundry around here! I'm working on it and feel good about the progress I did make though.

I did get to have a little time with the Lord today too, although it was shorter than I'd have liked. It is still sweet just to sit at His feet. I am going through this little study called Loving Well by Beth Moore. It' s just a little devotional journal type thingy and it's not terribly involved, but the simple truth in it is amazing. I read about a friend who went through it on her blog, and I decided to check it out. Beth tells 4 truths in the book that can help us love well:
1. God is perfect love.
2. God pours His perfect love into our imperfect hearts.
3. Nothing can seperate us from God's perfect love.
4. Accessed, I can love anyone through anything.
Today focused on number 1, about how God's character is love. Just as I am a woman...nothing will change that--not my mood, not my circumstances, not my age, nothing. I AM a woman...and God IS love. His love is so different than mine! I believe He is calling me to love well. I am praying for a miracle in the one part of my life where loving well is the most difficult. Thank God, He isn't finished with me yet! I know He can work a miracle...even in a stubborn heart like mine!

Okay....better go do some more laundry now. It's been a good day...and this run made it that much better! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks down. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......

No comments: