Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday

Well, today was a good day. Went to the office this morning and got to talk at length with one of our new elders who will be working in Christian Ed the next 3 years and got to discussing some important stuff, which was good. Prayer, prayer, prayer, is the conclusion we keep all coming back to....are we really a people of prayer, or do we fall miserably short? I think the latter is probably more of the case--praise God that He is able to work despite our weaknesses and bring us back once again to our knees, where we should have been all along.

My boys stayed at preschool for stay and play today successfully, so that was big fun for them. I am so proud of how well they are doing with their potty stuff. Baby G napped a little bit while we were home, but she wanted to get out and play mostly. So, it was some good mommy-daughter time! When I picked the boys up, they had notes in their backpacks that one little boy at their school (also a twin, incidentally, and one whose parents I know) had a heart transplant on Sunday. I don't know any of why or any of that, but I can't imagine what they must be going through with that. My heart goes out to them. There was also another little boy, who I don't know, who has a brain tumor that is evidently producing some sort of seizures, and he is going to be undergoing radiation to have it shrunk. I just can't imagine; I was in tears reading this letter from preschool. Life is such a precious gift; and we would do well to remember that!

In other matters, I worked out at the gym this evening. Not a big deal, just 35 minutes of running/walking on the treadmill. I got to sweating pretty good and it was awesome. I am somewhat trying to follow along the program by Chantel Hobbs, which I read about in her book Never Say Diet. She is a gal who lost 200 pounds!!!! And now she is like model-gorgeous! Amazing, incredible story. I saw her on TV and then I had to read her book. She is super fit and really an inspiration. She is also a Christian, and it seems she really is using her "new self" to bring glory to the Lord, which is way cool.

Anyhow, I got my working out done....tomorrow evening I have to work at the lab and then Friday night I have my 5th and 6th grade youth, so those will be busy days--I'm planning on the gym in the morning before I have to work and then again on Friday, probably in the morning after I leave the office a little early.

Anyhow, so far so good! I'm determined this time around to make this work and see it through!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing so well with teh exercising. That's Great!

What are your eating habits like? You don't talk much about that aspect of your journey.

Stacy said...

I've been behaving myself really well with that since the first of the year, which is a challenge with the 3 kids and 2 jobs--and come April, I will add another class to that! Here lately, to get myself portion-controlled (which is a big issue for me) I've been doing a lot of those frozen lean cuisine-type dinners and stuff like that. No leftovers=no seconds! In my experience, the good eating part is pretty easy once I get the exercise started. I've also cut out most sweets and the late night eating that is a big part of getting me where I am, I think. Going to bed before 3 am seems to help with that!

Julie said...

Stacy girl! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love you too! DH and I went to Fuddruckers last night for a hamburger and I thought of you guys the whole time. I am so glad to see you blogging over here :-) and will be stopping by often. Give all those beautiful little ones a big hug for me! Maybe your motivation on changing your eating habits and getting healthier will motivate me - I have been slipping big time!