Friday, February 1, 2008

Three weeks down!

Yay! I made 3 straight weeks of working out somehow or other Monday through Friday for a minimum of 30 minutes per day! I am pumped! This evening, after the words we had last night I guess, I was allowed to go out and run just before we ate supper at like 6 pm. I was able to be more creative about my route, since we still had some daylight left. It was cold and felt great! I ran/walked (mostly ran...slowly, but still a run) probably a little over 2 miles. It felt great! Then, I had some taco soup and a salad for supper, which was way good. (lunch was posole and a salad.) I still haven't had my fuji apple today yet...thinking I still might want that!

Today was sort of weird in an unexpected-type of a way. I got the kids up this morning and one of the boys still had a fever, so I was going to let the other one go to school and have him stay home with me and Sister. Everyone was all prepared and ready for that, and we got to school and it looked awfully quiet. No one was there, parking lot empty, etc. There was one car in the drop-off line with a Grandma who was going to drop off her grandson. I pulled up and noticed it was really weird, so I asked her if she knew what was going on and she said there was a sign on the door that said preschool was closed today! No notice, no anything...just a note. This is really, really weird! She thought maybe it was because so many kids have been sick, but I really don't think they'd close school for that. We are all paying our tuition and not only that, but there is always a time of the year when kids get sick and miss school a lot. I don't know if they couldn't find teachers or what was going on, but it was weird! I tried calling the boys' teacher to ask and a couple of other friends with kids there, but got no answers at anyone's homes, so...even weirder! I guess I'll find out soon what the deal is.

So, we stopped by my office at church quickly to get my mail and stuff and then went to the drive thru at the bank. It was so funny while we were there...I looked back, and both boys had their shoes and socks off, wiggling their little toes at me. They make me laugh! It's the little smiles on their faces and how proud they are of stuff like that that is so precious. We came home after that and laid sorta low....watched some tv and played with some toys and stuff. I didn't want to push it too hard with them still getting over their sick stuff.

While they took their nap, I had a little time with the Lord, which is always a good thing. I was fighting to stay awake, but it was still good. Speaking of which...as crazy as it is for me, I think I'm about to take a shower and crash now. I never, ever go to bed this early, but I have to work at the lab at 6am, so that will be here awfully early!

Three weeks...yahoo! The Chantel Hobbs Never Say Diet book is broken into stages, and the first stage is simply to exercise 5 consecutive days each week for at least a half hour. She says after the first 4 weeks, it becomes habit. Well, it's habit and not only that but an ADDICTIVE habit! I have always loved exercise...it's so wonderful to have the chance to get back with it again! The weight is down about 14 pounds total since the start of the year. I'm pumped with that!

Okay...better go and get some rest so I'm ready for whatever the lab throws at me tomorrow!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats Stacy! I have done better, but not as good as I would like. You are doing a great job fitting all this into your schedule...you have more energy than the "ever-ready bunny"! DH and I will be at the Lenten study tomorrow night - hope to see you there :-)