Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Woohoo...hoohoo...woohoohoo!!

Yup...I'm excited! I am still sweating like a pig from an awesome RUN....outside no less! The best run I've had in....probably 3 years! It was awesome....but more about that in a minute. I feel the need to recap the day! (I didn't feel this good til about a half hour ago!)

Anyhow...Was up several times last night with a sick little boy. He just didn't feel good, I think, and was having a hard time resting. I was going to try and send the other one to school, and thought we'd be able too, but I didn't have them up long and saw the only one feeling good today was Missy GG! Both boys were hot, and couldn't take 2 steps without just being in tears and upset....they were just very obviously not feeling good. I just hate it when they feel that way--I want so bad to help them feel better, and there's nothing I can do. It's a really helpless feeling I'm sure every mother is familiar with. The one silver lining though, was that I was home and didn't have to work at the hospital today. I was very grateful for that. I called and told them at the office I wouldn't be able to make the staff meeting and called the doctor's office as soon as they opened. They worked us in, and after the hour drive and lots of upsettedness (is that a word?) later, found out one just has the crud of some sort that is going around and the other has an ear infection--his third one in his 3-1/2 years. Not too bad, at least not relative to a lot of kids we know. Anyhow, we stopped on the way home for some lunch at Taco Cabana, and the boys didn't eat much, but that precious girl was covered head to toe in bean burrito by the time we got home! She was cracking me up! She only has 4 teeth, but those 4 did some major burrito damage! I got 2 steak fajita tacos, which were just fajita meat and flour tortilla, so that wasn't too terribly bad, although it was more I'm sure than I should be having at a meal.

We got back to town and dropped the prescription off at CVS (BBBBS as the boys call it!) and then stopped by the church for a second to check my mail and such. By the time we got home, it was nearly 3 pm, so there went today! They were all tired from the trip, so everyone had naps and I did a few things before laying down for a few minutes too.

I got a little frustrated (yeah, whats new!) with Craig, as he didn't get home til 5:30ish...I needed to go pick up the prescription and was hoping to get away for just 30 minutes TOTAL to take a walk or something, so as to keep up my M-F workout deal...I'm treating it as a non-negotiable. Well, by the time I got the prescription, got him and kids fed and then bathing kids, etc., of course, my workout didn't happen. I get just a little frustrated, because I really don't ask for much. I always take the kids to the gym with me so as not to disrupt whatever he may (or may not) be working on. I couldn't take them today because of the fevers, so all I wanted was 30 minutes. I am guessing that was too much, because it never happened. Okay...I've said I wouldn't blog about such things. Vent over, onward now:

Anyhow, my sweeties got to feeling better and I got them all in bed, and so I decided FINE....I am NOT going to let anything stop me from getting in this workout. So, as nervous as it made me to do it, I went out and went around our big block in our neighborhood tonight on a walk/run. There was actually another couple out walking, which was good to see. I think I started out walking like quite the fiend, just with my adrenaline kicking in!

Anyway, I went around our big block 3 times, which is probably a total of about 2.2 miles. I ran a LOT too! Probably more than half,which is better than I've done in a long time. It felt SO good! It started to rain on my just a little when I was walking down to the end of the street to cool down. I was so happy though: 1) To still get in the workout, even with what the day was like and the obstacles; 2) To have had such a good run...a feeling of accomplishment! I can really tell my working out is making me stronger, and I love that feeling!

There are still things I'm not so happy with--the laundry that needs folding right now (and washed!), the general state of my house, and I REALLY need more time with the Lord. But, I feel really jazzed about the working out deal. I'm tickled snotless about it!

Not sure what will happen tomorrow....hoping for healthy boys who are feeling much better, and a little girl who stays healthy! And a nice sweat-your-butt-off (and for me, that's a lot of sweat!) would be good too! Wooohooooooo!!!! I've got some energy now, so I guess I'll fold some clothes!

No comments: