Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Monday!

Well, today was a pretty good day. I didn't do a whole lot, but I did get my workout in at the gym, which felt awesome. I'm also down another pound for a total of 9 now. I'm so glad!

Since it was a holiday, the boys were out of school, so I gave them their haircuts. They both sorta screamed all the way through it, especially with the clipper buzzing the way it did, but they were oh so proud of their haircuts when it was over! So glad they are so forgiving of mom's less-than-perfect haircuts, to say the least!! Baby sister was just hanging out watching it all being precious, of course!

Then, we went to the gym and I got on the treadmill and walked/ran for 50 minutes. I think there was a little more walking than running, just because I felt a little low on energy today, but I still managed to drip some sweat--(love that!) and get a good workout. It felt awesome. I so love to sweat! Today it was to Sonny and Cher, The Eagles, Clay Crosse, Relient K and even the Mighty Wind Soundtrack. Do I have weird musical tastes or what! I did pretty good all day on eating too. Not much to be upset about there.

After the gym I had to get home because I had to be at work at 1:30 this afternoon at the lab. It was a pretty busy evening, but it calmed down an hour before I got to leave around 9pm. I was in hematology tonight, so I got to stay pretty focused on one area, which was nice.

Tomorrow is a no-school day for the boys, so we will probably go to the gym and I'll work on laundry and stuff like that, and try to work on my sermon for Sunday. I'm preaching this week, and I have things lined out pretty well, but I need to work through it some more and add more meat.

In other news, I'm totally pumped, because I found out the Fuller campus in Houston is going to, most likely, start offering the MDiv degree beginning in the fall. I'm working on my Masters now there in Youth, Family, and Culture, which is fine, but I really wanted to get the MDiv rather than the MA....and now it looks like that may be a possibility. I'm pretty pumped about that!

Okay....better get going for now. Need to work on my sermon and figuring out youth stuff for the weekend too. Happy Monday, anyone who might happen to stumble on this!

No comments: