Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New me, new blog!

Well, I tried this once before and wasn't very successful at it, so I"m going to try again. I have blogged a few times on my myspace page, which I will copy onto a posting here, just for posterity. This though, is really an accountability thing for me though. The title is from the song by Switchfoot that asks the question: "This is your life...are you who you want to be." Well, actually....no, thank you very much! I am NOT who I want to be; but Lord willing, someday I will be. I should say will be again; I feel I have drifted away from being the real me and who I want to be because of my life circumstances, but I am no longer going to be controlled by all that. I am going to let God re-make me into His creation, giving Him glory for whatever I do.

One thing about this blog, is I'd like to use it for accountability to becoming who I want to be--especially in the way of this big awful thing we call my body! I am trying to get it smaller and healthier, and hope to post some pics along my journey to better health.

I am a child of God...a daughter of the King, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. I am a wife...although, not a very good one, I am afraid. I am a mommy--my favorite title in the whole world! And I am a youth director at my beloved church. Over the last 10 years, I have fallen in so many ways. I am ready to begin picking up the pieces, and being who I was created to be! Even if no one else reads this thing....I think it will do me some good!

No comments: