Thursday, January 24, 2008

Still truckin!

Well, today was Thursday, and I'm still truckin' along okay. I'm down 10 pounds so far, and grateful for that. Today I did 45 minutes on the elliptical at the gym and I dripped some sweat...that's so like the defining moment in a workout--when the sweat actually DRIPS off! I LOVE it! Yes, how weird am I?! It just feels so good to sweat and work like that. I listened to all sorts of stuff on that ipod while I worked out. I really, really like that thing! When I think about all the money I have spent through the years on...well....crap for weight loss--and the best money I ever spent was for that little refurb nano. I can workout like a fiend with it on! And it's sort of like my getaway time, because I don't ever have the chance to listen to music and just sorta relax like that, so it's extra cool. I listened to Relient K, Sonny and Cher, the Eagles, Clay Crosse, Wes King, Jars of Clay, and I don't remember who else.

I was good on my eating today, although I didn't get to eat supper til much later than I'd have liked. I worked at the lab this evening and we were really, really busy. I didn't hardly stop to even use the bathroom for the longest, and I didn't get to eat dinner til around 9 pm, about an hour before time to get off work. I ordinarily wouldn't have eaten that late, but there wasn't much choice tonight. We had lots of work to do!

Oh....been meaning to post about the fact I gave blood Sunday. Our church had a blood drive, and so it was very easy to go do after church while we were still there. I was amazed that my hematocrit was like 45 or 46--thinking their little machine thingy must be wacky. That translates to about a 15-something hemoglobin, which I've never had in my life! My pulse was 60, which was much better than I expected, and my BP was like 118/70-something, which is pretty darn good too. I got the card today with my cholesterol on it, and it was 131, not fasting, which isn't too shabby either. Aside from the extra 100 pounds, I guess I"m pretty healthy.

Anyhow....tomorrow night is our Friday Night Live, 5th and 6th grade youth. I need to finish getting ready for that and then work on my sermon for Sunday. Thankfully, I don't have to work at the lab on Saturday (though I was asked to this morning!) so I will have some good time to work then.

Well, guess that's all for now. I plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning before I pick my boys up at school. Then, it'll be 2 weeks of M-F workouts...yay! With the Lord's help, I'm getting there!

Next time....on contemplating giving up chocolate! (say it isn't so!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the 10lb loss girlfriend!
That's a big deal cause I know how hard it is. I have been in prayer about my eating habits and trying to get back on the band wagon.
Hope to see you Sunday :-) John and I have been recouping from the crud and I think we are just about over it. Much love to the family!