Thursday, January 26, 2012

A little discouraged

So, I am feeling a little discouraged at the weight loss efforts. I have been faithfully weight-watchering for a little over a week now, and my weight is only down about a pound-and-a-half. Which, I am thankful its going down instead of up, but for the first week of behavin, I would expect a bigger drop. I am riding my bike trainer and getting fairly consistent exercise too, although nothing like training for a half marathon or anything like that. So yea...makes me wonder if I will ever have success in this whole weight loss thing. I mean, I know I will, but I sure would like it to be sometime before I am 90! Anyhow...I am really trying, and I will continue to try--I just sure hope I see some more results soon! Thinkin I need to step up the exercise and concentrate on eating cleaner. I am doing the right things, so maybe ramping up those right things will help.

In other news...haven't done much writing, but have done a fair amount of reading. One of the most interesting reads lately was the book The Art of Storycraft by John R. Erickson of Hank the Cowdog fame. What a great book! He is such an interesting man with a distinctly Christian worldview and lives it out in his work of writing. He has some very valuable advice for writers in this book, including to write about what you know. He says living life is very important and if you haven't lived any of life it is awfully difficult to write about it. So, I need to figure out what I know anything about...umm...not too much, unfortunately! So, I need to get busy living and learning, I suppose! But I will still try to write in the meantime!

Related to the above, is that I have this past week figured out that I am pretty sure I am addicted to my iphone. I really, really need to work on breaking this addiction, because instead of living life I find myself doing much more reading about it on facebook than anything else. Seriously....do I really need to check the status updates 80 times a day? Ummm...that would be a no. So...I am going to try to leave the phone in my purse more and be engaged in life more. Here's to hoping I can do it!

No comments: