Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's nothing like a run outside when it's cold!!!

Aaaahhhhh...yes, you can tell I've been running! It's about 50 degrees here and perfect weather for running! I didn't get to go earlier to the gym as Missy G still is a little sick and I worked a night shift last night and got off of work at 6 am...soooo, I went out running tonight in our neighborhood and it was darn near perfect outside! I took just a short walk break once, I think, and I ran the rest of it. A total of about 2.25 miles. The stars were beautiful, the night peaceful..really, really wonderful! Then to come inside and start sweating was pure joy!!! (yes, I'm a sicko, I admit it!) I think there is nothing like a good butt-kicking sweat-fest to cope with the stresses of life...well, you know....after prayer and all!! I think movement must be one of the greatest gifts the Lord gave us.

I do have a crazy idea...I really would love to run a marathon again someday. I wonder if there are any other nutcases out there like me who stay up way too late and would want to train for a marathon? I know of one friend who might would be game....I am thinking how cool it would be to have a "midnight marathoners" group. Do all your normal short runs on our own and then get together for a long run each week....but instead of getting up early to go like most people with sense would do, go at like 11 or 12 for a long run. It wouldn't be too hot, not much traffic out, and you wouldn't conflict with other stuff going on. Just a crazy thought I had!

Need sleep now!! Working on only about 3 hours for the last 2 days! Nighty night!

No comments: