Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Facebook Friends-- Top 10 List

Ok...here is a total departure, but it's something that keeps making me laugh some, so I thought I'd write about it. This post is somewhat in the vein of the "Stuff Christians Like" blog by Jon Acuff, which I am a regular reader of...but, hey...it's fun, so why not?! So, without further adieu, here are the Top 10 types of Facebook Friends I have...maybe you have some like this too??

1. The Food Picture Poster: We all have that friend (heck, sometimes we ARE that friend) who posts endless pictures of their food. Sometimes its stuff they have cooked, so they can brag on how great of a cook they are, and sometimes its beautiful restarant food, so we can feel totally jealous we aren't eating there too. They will post pictures of a big roast chicken, browned to perfection...or maybe some ribs on a bbq pit, or a big hunk of chocolate cake. Sometimes its a pretty dessert with strawberries on it. These friends often also post check-ins at restarants and frequently have statuses about meals as well.

2. The old-picture person. I have a few friends that have pictures up on their facebook profiles that are at least 20 years old....and nothing recent at all. I guess this is supposed to make me feel bad for how badly I have aged, when they still look 20 years younger. Sometimes they will fess up to it being old when someone is like "Wow, you haven't aged a bit!" and sometimes they won't, but yea...its just funny.

3. The vague status poster: You know the one who likes to make you wonder what is going on, good or bad in their world. They are the statuses like "Sometimes, I just feel like I could..." or better yet just "I am______".....like, fill in your own blank and guess how they are. This can also be used for exciting times. Like a countdown for something that no one else knows about. Or prayers for something exciting to happen, but not actually saying what it is. Yea, I see a lot of those.

4. The person who posts mostly those cutesy little pictures and sayings: We all have a few of those. We steal their pictures too, because they are so darn cute and funny. Sometimes because they are thought-provoking and sentimental...naaah, nevermind...I would only steal the funny stuff!

5. The person you keep around as a friend just because they are a little bit of a freakshow! You know them, but really you probably wouldn't want to hang out, but its sorta fun to see neuroses on parade. Cmon, you all know we have those friends!

6. The person you really don't even like, but you keep them as a fb friend so you can just not like everything they post....Please don't tell me I am the only one this shallow! I do have a couple of folks on there that are simply for that reason. I am so wrong for this, I know..but sometimes it just makes you feel better...ok--even wronger.

7. That person you forgot was there because they only creep and never post, and then...you hear from your mom that your great aunt Bessie found out that you were at Wal-Mart at 11 pm because you posted it on facebook and why were you out so late...you know how it works!

8. The person from high school that was so cool, and you feel cool-by-association now that you are grown ups and friends too! I was never a cool kid...but facebook sometimes makes me feel like one now, since it is a place where I can actually hang out with the cool kids! Growing up can be a great thing!

9. The people you vaguely remember who they are but not really but since you have tons of mutual friends you accept because they are legit. Yep, that says it all. I have several of those. I mean, I think I remember who you are, but not really, and I am certain we never talked, but yea, I will be your friend.

10. The people you wish you'd have gotten to know now that you see how amazing they are through a window like facebook. I must admit, I have several friends like this from my past. People I knew who were nice people and all, but I never knew what a strength of character they have or realized how much I would admire them for the beautiful person they are inside, by God's grace....Facebook gives us a little window sometimes into a person's brain and their heart. We can see what someone's thoughts are, and you realize what a great person they are through that window. Those are really fun..the kind that make me want to seek that person out and hang out with them now.

No comments: