Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And...again!

Hey there, me myself and I! Well, here I am again...recommitting myself to getting this crazy weight off. How many times is this in the last year now? The last 10 years? I took some really nasty "before" pictures of myself (you know, iphone in the mirror pics) and they will never see the light of day unless I get to a point of having some "after" pictures. They are a great motivation though, because I sure am disgusting. I really have had it with this weight battle. I have tried to reel in the eating and have done pretty well for about a week now. I have successfully kicked the Diet DP habit, having only had 3 or 4 cokes in about 2-1/2 weeks. I went 2 weeks without, and then Craig got some free diet cokes at the kids' school festival to bring home, and so I did drink a couple of those the past few days, but overall, I have that part kicked. I am trying desperately to get back into running. I still think cycling is my favorite--there is still nothing quite as fun to me as sailing through some miles on my bike. But, I have seen a common thread among many I know and just those I have read about who have lost big--running, more often than not, plays a central role in the weight loss process. I have done it before, have done well at it before, so I believe I can again. Just takes a lot of discipline. I am trying to have some grace with myself and get back to it slowly, but consistently. The kids and I have been going out on walk/runs, which seem to work pretty well most of the time. Well, most of the time. Today was a bit of an exception. My boys were sticking really, really close to me, one of them in particular, and I could hardly move on the sidewalk. When he wasn't beside me (like, right beside me) he was trying to hang on my back or hold my hand. And let me tell you...there is no way--no stinkin way--this momma is EVER gonna turn down one of my kids who want to hold my hand. It may be sweaty and really tough to walk much less run, but I know there will be a day when they don't want to hold my hand, so I will never turn it down now. I love that they are wanting to be close, and I love getting to hang out with them. I just think between my allergies, lack of sleep, benadryl hangover, and just general pissy mood I was in that today's run was sorta rough. I fussed at them more than I should have, and I really want to work on not doing that so much. Anyhow, we are trying to get a routine of the walk/run stuff in the evenings before we eat dinner after school and then going longer on the weekends when we have more time. Time is the biggest problem for us right now. We only have about 2 hours between school pickup and my work leaving time, which cramps the time quite a big, especially when you add in cooking supper, sitting down to eat together, and kitchen cleanup, no matter how limited. But, we are trying! I am also trying to kick the sugar habit, and get my portions down. Haven't been terribly successful at either yet, but I have made small steps in the right direction, so I am hoping my small steps will add up to some results at some point! So there it is!

No comments: