Sunday, November 20, 2011

I miss running

I miss running. I really do. I have been taking walks nearly every day with my kids, which has been wonderful, but I really miss being in the shape to run. This time last year I ran a half marathon and was well on my way to weight loss success. This year, I am a slug whose butt is so big I hardly recognize it. There is something about the season that makes me miss running more too, I think. The cooler weather (at least every now and then) and the Christmas lights starting to go up. It's the time of year it just feels good to get out and let your own two feet take you places, and feel the amazement at your own self as you realize you haven't run this far without a walk break in a very long time. I could try again...and I will try again. My boys would be fine with me running, and my girl is in the stroller, so there really isn't a good reason why I can't. I think I havne't though, just because I have been so darn tired and also so uncomfotable as I try to run. I am big. I have a lot of extra weight right now. I am not training for anything. I guess the walking just seems easier right now. And part of me thinks that is all fine and dandy. No big deal. Walking is something and at least you are out there. But then, another part of me, the bigger part knows I can do more. It knows what it is to run 8 miles without a walk break, feel the steady breathing and the cool air in my lungs, and have my muscles fatiguing as I go...I love that feeling. I miss that feeling. I intend to know that feeling again.

No comments: