Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Clean Eating, Day 1...and oh yea, when is your baby due?

So far so good on day one of Clean Eating. I have tried to eat protein and a complex carb at each meal, increase the fruits and vegetables, stay away from the sugars and white stuff, and generally behave. I haven't really been hungry, and everything has been pretty good so far. I am trying to be more adventurous with my food too....made a fritatta-type thing this morning with egg whites and chicken and tomatos, had a berry smoothie at lunch, and cooked quinoa with our pork chops at supper AND even tried brussel sprouts for the first time! I roasted them in the oven with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, and they weren't too bad. I do think there is some degree of acquired taste with them, but I was proud of myself for branching out. So...yay for one day of good eating so far!

And in other news....you know you have a weight problem when you go to draw blood on a patient, and she looks you right in the eyes and says "So, when is your baby due?". Ummm...yea, I'm not pregnant, just fat. Grrreat. Nothing to make you encouraged than the ol' thinkin your pregnant when you're not conversation! Of course, I will say I felt much better when she was looking down by the floor and thought she saw a dog...and then, she started reaching out to touch the wall, because she thought it was slick. Yea...the dog thing REALLY helped redeem the moment! No dogs in that hospital room, no sirree!!

No comments: