Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What might have been....

The Little Texas song "What might have been" is in my mind....because of what is in my heart--and has been for a few days now. Darn facebook...it is so good..and so great...and so difficult sometimes to catch up with folks from way back when.

A heartbreak...really, probably THE biggest heartbreak of my life...from back many, many years ago is hurting all over again. This has hit me from nowhere, and man, does it hurt--probably as much, maybe more than it did so many years ago. Though I probably shouldn't be surprised by this, I am. And it is hard!

Oh Lord, will You please take the pieces of my broken heart and put them back together into what You want them to be....I trusted You with my broken heart so many years ago...and I still trust You now. Help me not to think of "what might have been" but to move ahead into the promise I have in You. I never really understood the concept of hope up until that heartbreak. I pray You'd help me to understand the concept of hope again...as I trust in You!

No comments: