Saturday, November 15, 2008

I feel good!

Wowza! Okay, I know this is no biggie...and today's run used to be like, my normal everyday thing, like back in the day...but for a fat girl getting back into running, today was a great day! It has been a gorgeos day in Lake Jackson today...sunny, breezy, blue skies, and I'd say our high was probably in the 50s, maybe low 60s...yep, pretty much perfect weather! Well, I did some house cleaning and hanging out having fun with my kids--painting the boxes our new car seats came in (the ones that are being replaced since the wreck) out on the driveway to look like racecars, that sort of thing...and really just enjoyed the day. It took me awhile to have the chance to get out there and run, but I was so glad I did!Back when I ran before, I had, what I had measued at the time, to be a little 4-mile route I'd do regularly. It's been literally years since I've run this route, but I used to do it nearly daily. Here lately, I've only been getting in between 2 and 3 miles in the mornings, due to time constraints, so this was a nice little "long run" for me at this stage in the game. So, a few minutes after 5, I finally set out and I start out thinking this might be sorta tough. I run a little after I warm up, and then I have to walk pretty soon. Then I run a little more, and walk a little more. Then, I'm out about a half mile, and there are these 2 kids up ahead of me walking...Do you know what I'm talking about? They are just far enough ahead of me that I won't catch up to them walking, probably, but might catch up to them running, and I didn't want to pass them, only to have to start walking right away after that...so, I was like "do I walk or run?" and then, I determined it was not going to be up to 2 junior high kids if I got my running in or not, so I decided to start running. It also didn't hurt that "Friends in Low Places " came on the ipod...how can you walk through that song? So, I think to myself, if I can run to up to the next street and down it to the next (about a mile or mile-and-a-half or so), yay for me....well, halfway down that street, I so wanted to walk. Well, I had a little self-attitude check, and it was like ...Okay, I'm not hurting anywhere and I'm breathing okay, so I'll keep going. And I did make to to the next street, which was about 2.2 miles from home, a little over a mile from where I started running. Not too bad. So, I walk down it for I think 1 song, then Bryan Adams comes on, and I start to run again......so I'm running and I think, If I can run to the next street, which brings me back to my neighborhood, I'm good...I can do that, surely. Well, here's where it gets fun. Some Chris Rice song came on, and I'm keepin' on, and I get to the street I was aiming for. Still feeling good, I decide to keep going. My Sacrifice by Creed comes on...okay, there is NO STINKIN WAY to NOT run to pretty much any song by Creed, so I think, maybe I can make it to the next cross street...and I do, and then THE HAPPY SONG comes on!!! Like ANYONE can even stinking THINK of not running to that! So I kept going, thinking can I make t to the next cross street? Can I ? Well, I did, and then wouldn't ya know...the EAGLES come on...don't remember which song, but heck..it's the Eagles! So, I run and promise myself I will start to walk at the next landmark near to home. And I do...and I am feeling sooooo good! I walked around the corner into our neighborhood, and as per my usual, I sprint the last block to my house...don't know why, but I feel the need to go as fast as my short, fat legs will take me that last little bit..which is..oh, about 8 minute/mile pace--I think that's a leisurely stroll for some of my friends but for me, it's really truckin! So, I get home and my ipod (calibrated ipod, that is!) tells me I ran 4.55 miles at an average of pace of 14:38/mile, which included my walking and stretch breaks and stuff...not too bad! Not too bad at all! I have always said too...someday when I lose this weight, when people want my advice, I will tell them to GET AN IPOD! That music really kept me going tonight!I know its probably not a big deal, but I feel like I can say "I run" again! I have a long way to go, but to be able to keep going as long as I did tonight is a huge accomplishment for me! I am so grateful! The weather was awesome too...so...wooohoooo....yay me!!!Guess I beter get to working on confirmation lessons again...I think I will sleep good tonight--and not probably be ready to get up when I need to! And.....I EARNED my shower tonight...I just love that!

No comments: