Thursday, March 8, 2012

What a day!

Well, yesterday was interesting. I have a feeling it still wont make the scale move, but I sure do feel good! I got home from work yesterday morning and rode my bike on the trainer for about 40 minutes, give or take a minute or two, and my phone rings. It is my husband, who is in Alvin (a 35-minute drive away) who lets me know he has my van key. We only have one key to the van, because we bought it used and it only had one, and it is a couple hundred dollars to get another made, since it is a fancy-schmancy electronic key. Anyhow, he had taken the kids to cub scouts the night before, so he had the key and he took it to Alvin. Grrreeeatttt..... So, the kids and I had to hop into high gear to get out the door so we could walk to school. I was kinda irritated at him over the whole thing, until we started walking and it was super nice outside. Mosquitos were bad, even with the one can off Off that wasn't locked up in the van sprayed all over us, but it still felt great outside. And to start/end (whatever a night shifter does at that time) the day with a walk felt awesome. I got the boys to school, had 3 offers for a ride before I got to my daughter's school with her, and then came back home. Figured out it was about 3.6 miles this morning altogether. But the day wasn't over yet! I got to sleep about 3-1/2 hours, and then got up and rollerbladed with the stroller to go pick up my girly at preschool...yep, only a goober like me would be rollerblading down the sidewalk through town pushing a stroller! My girly thought it was great fun, so it worked out well. We made the trip one way in about 10 minutes on the blades, which is about half the time of walking. So, she and I lay down for our little afternoon nap, like we always do, and I wait to hear from my husband if he can get out of work in time enough to come pick up the boys. As it turns out, he was a little late, so she and I got back up, got the stroller, and walked back to the elementary and got the boys. My husband met us about halfway home and we all got in the van. Well, as much as it kills me to spend money going out, I decided after this day, cooking was not going to happen....so we went out and I got a crazy good hamburger and onion rings--and I ate every last bite! I think I could have eaten a small-elephant! It was so ridiculous good...and I didn't feel bad about it, because it doesn't seem eating right is helping me much right now. Not that I'm going to go back or anything, but I just don't think an occasional treat like that will make much difference. So yea...total for today ends up being 42 minutes on the bike, 5 miles walked, and 2.2 miles rollerbladed. Other than being ridiculous tired, it sure was fun! I love how the Lord takes a big ol pile of crap and turns it into something beautiful....today ended up being beautiful!

No comments: