Friday, October 18, 2013

How long has it been?

Well hello there, nonexistent readers!  I'm back!  Only what, 10 months since my last post, no big deal, right?  There has been A LOT happen in my world since that last blog post at new years.  My family has moved, not just to a different house but a whole different part of Texas, my husband and I of course, with the move have different jobs, and our kids are in a different school.  We went from suburban living in Lake Jackson with around 25-30 thousand population to rural living in Harper, TX in the Central Texas Hill Country with a population of about 1200 in our unincorporated community.  Its a whole different world for us, but it has been a pretty sweet change.  Life here seems to have slowed down a lot--which is a welcome change. 

I am now working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.  Twelve-hour shifts, so there isn't much besides work on the weekends, but I have all week to do things at home, exercise, and take care of my family.  And though I never would have chosen to work weekend nights, its actually working out quite well.  At times I would like to have some days off with my family off too, but for the most part, this seems to work pretty well. 

During our process of moving, we saw God do some amazing things.  He worked out every detail of our move and made our path incredibly clear.  He provided jobs for both Craig and I in wonderful places, He provided what we needed to get our house ready to sell and He provided a buyer for our home in a week and a half.  He led us to the perfect home for our family and has worked out our scheduling in a new routine.  No, life isn't perfect and we still have our issues just like anyone else, but I will say, this move has been a very positive thing for our family and I think things are better for us than they have been in a very long time.  I cannot say enough how thankful I am for that. 

We do miss our friends and our church family in LJ, but the cool thing in this crazy world we live in is that the world does seem a little bit smaller than it used to, with the help of things like facebook.  Though I manage sometimes to get myself in trouble on there in one way or another, it has been really nice to keep up with so many who we love on there.  Its not the same as being together, but it does help.  And we think we may have our church home here figured out.  After several months of visiting all manner of churches, we think we have a place.  Really happy to have found that!

And I am finally taking the time to get exercise and feel good again.  We live in the hills now (as opposed to total flat land where we were) and running and biking tend to be a challenge with that being the case.  I am happy to say though, yesterday I managed to bike 27 miles (yay me!) and I have run a couple of times this week too.  Only 3 miles each time and with a few short walk breaks, but more than I have run in probably 2 years.  Gosh, it feels good!  I have been trying to make my exercise a priority and I feel so much better.  Sure hoping the scale starts to show it soon too!  Since turning 40, weight just seems to hang on really tight!

I will try to do better at keeping up with this thing.  Not that anyone reads it...but its fun to write and it helps me to keep some perspective too.  So, nonexistent readers....til next time!

No comments: