Sunday, December 2, 2012

Falling on my face and getting back up again..and again!

This blog is sort of a record of my many falls on my face and gettings back up again.  I guess in a way that is good, because I am still getting back up.  But I could be okay with not falling on my face so much.  I had been doing really really well on my eating plan for a couple of months when Thanksgiving hit, which was only supposed to be a one meal, then a one day, and has ended up being a week-and-a-half eat-crap-fest.  Well, not total crap, but enough crap that its crappy.  (could I say crap anymore?  Can you tell the mood I am in now, oh nonexistent readers?!)  I am bound and determined to climb back up on that paleo wagon tomorrow and get my caveman on...again.  No more sugar, no more grains, and no more crap!  I also need to get my coconut oil ramped up so I can get to ketosifying all that fat I am carrying around.  Lets just hope I don't end up in the bathroom all day!  That has been my coconut oil issue this past week.  I just got tired of seeing the bathroom.  No other details necessary, right?

I am also trying to get back up on the running thing.  I love my bike, like truly love my bike--but I know if I want to see this weight move, I am gonna have to get this butt to running again.  I started Couch-to-5K (again) this past week.  I mean, I have run a full stinking marathon, and lots of halves, but I am so far removed I have to find my way back somehow.  I finished week 1 with one extra fun run with the kids, so now its time to get serious again.  I think I have about 8 more weeks left of the C25K, so I am tentatively planning on running the Surfside Shuffle as a celebration and a goal, which will be close to the right timing.  I am also thinking of shooting for a half in maybe April-ish.  Just did some googling and found one that looks like fun north of Houston called the Bear Chase.  One of my boys, the bear-crazy one would be excited about mommy doing that one.  I also have a birthday 50-mile bike ride picked out, tentatively in Victoria the weekend before my bday.  That one would just be plain fun!  So yea, those are the latest goals to shoot for. I just hope I can keep my eating on track so all the exercise does me some good.  I am sure tired of being fat.

And honestly, right now, I just need some heart-work too.  I am about to shut down this computer and spend some time just me and the Lord by the Christmas tree.  I am so....dry, I guess is the right word.  I am thirsty, and in such need in my spirit.  I have been trying to do it all on my own, and I know that isn't how He designed me.  I need His presence, and I need to be intentional about it.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am thankful.  His mercies are new every morning...hallaloolah!  (misspelling, intentional!)  Peace, ya'll!

No comments: